Powered by Android and manufactured by Samsung, the new T-Mobile Sidekick 4G pays tribute to its heritage with its stylish good looks and a killer keyboard while redefining messaging and upgrading to 4G speeds. One of T-Mobile's fastest smartphones running on America's Largest 4G Network, the new Sidekick 4G is capable of delivering theoretical peak download speeds of up to 21 Mbps.
The new Sidekick 4G redefines messaging with its five-row QWERTY keyboard and Sidekick Group & Cloud Text services. Sidekick's Group Text feature lets customers create, name, manage and participate in reply-all group text conversations, enabling them to lead their network in conversation and social planning. Group Text breathes new life into one of the most popular forms of messaging allowing Sidekick 4G customers to initiate and share the benefit of the application with SMS-capable devices from flip phones to smartphones.
Redefine messaging with Sidekick Group Text and Cloud Text on the five-row QWERTY keyboard. View larger
In addition, Cloud Text provides the option to text with friends or groups across platforms, wherever from the comfort of their PC’s large screen and keyboard, or from their new Sidekick 4G. Preloaded with Facebook and Twitter applications, the new Sidekick 4G provides easy interaction with customers’ social networks by allowing them to update their status from the notification pane, browse their feeds from the home screen, and synch their social contacts to the phone’s address book for instant access to post on their friends' walls or comment on their status.
Beyond a communication hub, the new Sidekick 4G is now an entertainment hub. With speeds as fast as home broadband and the Sidekick Media Room, customers have one place to stream and enjoy music, videos, movies, YouTube, T-Mobile TV, Slacker Radio, and to search for content regardless of the source. Multitasking is easier than ever with the Sidekick 4G's jump key, a physical button that enables customers to quickly switch between active applications, even during a phone call, or assign keyboard shortcuts to their favorite functions or applications.
The T-Mobile Sidekick 4G from Samsung weighs 5.7 ounces and measures 2.42 x 5.0 x .6 inches. It runs on dual-band 4G UMTS/HSPA+ (Bands I and IV) as well as Quad-band 2G GSM world phone frequencies (850/900/1800/1900 MHz). What's in the Box
Sidekick 4G smartphone, standard Lithium Ion battery, micro USB cable, AC adapter, Getting Started guide, 2GB Micro SD card, preinstalled SIM card, warranty card.
- Group Text lets you create, name, manage and participate in reply-all group text conversations
- Cloud Text provides the option to text with friends and groups across platforms from your PC or Sidekick 4G
- Preloaded Facebook and Twitter applications let you update your status from the notification pane, browse social feeds from the home screen, and sync your social contacts to the phone's address book for easy access to post on their wall or status
- Custom-built SMS capabilities include notification pop-ups, universal composer, sticky widget, message filtering and more
- Google Talk
- Personal and corporate e-mail support as well as synchronization with Microsoft Exchange and Google calendar and contacts
- Swype for easy text entry on the virtual keyboard
- Media Room provides one place to access music, movies, videos, YouTube, T-Mobile TV, Slacker Radio, and more
- Samsung Media Hub provides the option to rent or purchase movies and TV programs and share them on up to five compatible devices
- T-Mobile TV lets you access live and on-demand TV
- T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik lets you share any moment with loved ones through T-Mobile's 4G network or Wi-Fi
- Slacker Radio delivers more than 130 genre stations and the capability to create custom stations for free
- VGA front-facing camera and rear-facing 3-megapixel camera with autofocus, shoot modes and video capture
- Enabled to stream, store and share content with DLNA-compatible devices (cable not included)
- Among T-Mobile's fastest smartphones running on America's Largest 4G Network
- HSPA+ 4G modem capable of delivering theoretical peak download speeds of up to 21 Mbps
- 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird processor
- Full HTML Web browser with support for Adobe FlashPlayer 10.1
- Android 2.2 software with access to thousands of applications on Android Market
- Sturdy "pop-tilt" hinge reveals the previously acclaimed, five-row QWERTY keyboard
- 3.5-inch (480 x 800) touch screen with 7-pane display for all your apps
- Kick UX provides a custom designed look and feel
- Eight colorful theme options for the UI
- Dedicated jump key lets you multitask by quickly switching between active tasks and enabling keyboard shortcuts
- Google Maps with turn-by-turn directions
- Pre-installed 2GB microSD, expandable up to 32GB
- Built-in 3.5mm headphone jack
- Bluetooth 3.0
- DriveSmart Basic application
- Wi-Fi Calling over the Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/partial n lets you make a call via wireless Internet
Unique "pop-tilt" hinge
Android Operating System
The T-Mobile Sidekick 4G runs the advanced Android operating system--OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the T-Mobile Sidekick 4G brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The T-Mobile Sidekick 4G also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
T-Mobile Network Features High-Speed Data Connectivity via T-Mobile's 3G/4G Network
This phone is compatible with T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ 3G/4G network, which operates on the 1700/2100 MHz AWS spectrum, and it can achieve theoretical download speeds of up to 21 Mbps. It's designed to automatically connect to the best available network (4G, 3G, or GSM/GPRS/EDGE) to provide faster data speeds when accessing the Web.
In areas where the 3G/4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the via T-Mobile's EDGE network (which stands for "Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution"). This high-speed, mobile data and Internet access technology is fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services (with average data speeds between 75-135Kbps), including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and e-mail on the go.
Also Available for this Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.