Representing a new breed of easy-to-use, intuitive smartphones designed for both work and personal use, the Motorola XPRT for Sprint provides business-ready solutions with enhanced features for a richer personal mobile experience. You'll get full-push corporate e-mail with corporate level security, a unified calendar with additional work features, and the XPRT comes pre-loaded QuickOffice Mobile Suite. And the phone is packed full of spectacular specs--a powerful 3.1-inch multi-touch display, 1 GHz processor, 4 GB of memory (2 GB internal, 2 GB included microSD card), and a physical QWERTY keyboard.
The Motorola XPRT offers access to your corporate directory, e-mail, calendar and more (see larger image).
In addition to high-speed mobile connectivity via Sprint's dependable 3G network, the Wireless-N Wi-Fi-enabled XPRT also offers built-in mobile hotspot functionality (additional monthly charges applicable), allowing up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices--including laptop, camera, music player, video player and any other Wi-Fi-enabled device--to enjoy the benefits of 3G speeds on the go. And whether traveling to Europe or Asia, the XPRT provides globetrotters the freedom of reliable global connectivity to GSM and 3G UMTS networks via Sprint Worldwide international services.
The Motorola XPRT comes loaded with MOTOBLUR, offering personalized content--including e-mail and social media updates--delivered right to your home screen. It enables convenient viewing of news feeds, updates, and messages from social media sites from a single screen.
The XPRT offers full support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for accessing Flash-enabled websites, watching video and playing games. Capture snapshots and videos on the go with the 5-megapixel camera featuring auto focus and dual LED flash as well as DVD-quality video. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, DNLA connectivity, music player, full HTML browser, and up to 9 hours of talk time.
With Android 2.2, you get support for viewing web sites that use Adobe Flash.
Android Operating System
The Motorola XPRT runs the Android operating system--version OS 2.2 (aka, Froyo)--which provides a faster overall Android experience as well as greater multitasking capabilities. You'll be able to receive notifications, listen to music, and even record GPS data without keeping the application open. And it features a plethora of new enhancements, including an improved onscreen QWERTY keyboard, full push corporate e-mail, and support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web. It also offers enhanced Exchange support, with Calendar syncing, Global Address Lookup, improved security, auto-discovery, and more.
With integrated Google technology, the XPRT brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. The XPRT also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
The Motorola XPRT weighs 5.1 ounces and measures 4.74 x 2.4 x 0.51 inches. Its 1860 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 9 hours of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies in the United States as well as 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM and 2100 MHz 3G UMTS/HSPA networks outside North America.
What's in the Box
Motorola XPRT handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, SIM card, USB cable, quick start guide
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV-DO, Rev A network with average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps and peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
- Global roaming with Sprint Worldwide international services (pre-installed SIM card; compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM and 2100 MHz 3G UMTS networks)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Android 2.2 OS (Froyo)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1 GHz TI OMAP processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 3.1-inch multi-touch display (480 x 320 pixels, 16 million color depth)
- Physical QWERTY keyboard
- MicroUSB port
- Removable battery
- Sensors: accelerometer, eCompass, proximity and light sensors.
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with touch-to-focus, face detection, panoramic modes, low-light capabilities, and more.
- DVD-quality video capture at 30 fps.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263.
- DLNA compatibility allows you to stream media content from the phone to any other DLNA-certified device as well as play a file from a server on your phone.
- 2 GB internal memory
- Included 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Security: Device encryption, multi-headed VPN, EAS security policy support (including device and SD card wipe) out of the box
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3
MOTOBLUR is Motorola's exclusive experience that syncs contacts, posts, messages, photos and much more--from your favorite social media sites, work and personal e-mail, and last.fm--and automatically delivers them to your home screen.
- Filter social networking and messages widgets: Filter by social networking account, by contact(s) or by contact group to only see the information you want.
- Improved social networking functionality: Retweet, like Facebook comments, and more.
- Screen customization: Move and resize preloaded widgets on up to three home screens.
- Battery manager: Manage battery consumption by operating in one of three performance modes.
- Personal and corporate e-mail: Pushed directly to the device.
Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
Global roaming: This phone operates on quad-band GSM and 2100 MHz 3G UMTS networks globally where Sprint has international roaming agreements. (Note that this phone is not compatible with GSM networks found in the United States.) A Sprint-provided SIM card is provided pre-installed in the device for customers who wish to utilize Sprint Worldwide international services (special activation required) while traveling abroad. You can make and receive calls as well as access data in over 185 countries.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.