The latest AT&T Mobile TV-capable device, the LG VU Plus mobile phone from AT&T will also link you to the center of your social circle with AT&T Social Net application, which allows you to view and manage all your social networking connections and updates from Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter. With the AT&T Mobile TV service, you can subscribe to around-the-clock access to full-length simulcast and time-shifted programming from FLO TV, including such channels as CBS, Comedy Central, ESPN, FOX, NBC, and the movie channel Crackle.
Enjoy watching full-length broadcast shows with AT&T Mobile TV with the LG Vu Plus.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions as well as its Video Share service, which enables you to send video of yourself to another compatible phone while making a voice call. See more details on optional AT&T services below.
The Vu Plus has a 3-inch capacitive touchscreen display with slide-out full QWERTY keyboard for easy messaging anywhere as well as a 3-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash. Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion (up to 16 GB), Web browser with RSS feed support, multi-format digital audio player, and up to 3 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- GPS navigation capabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options. This phone also includes a digital compass.
- 3-inch capacitive touchscreen display with vibrating feedback
- Side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard for fast messaging
- Widget Menu provides quick access to calendar, alarm clock, play music, add notes, set multiple time zones, and play a slide show from the standby screen.
- Access to AT&T Mobile TV for watching full-length broadcast quality shows in widescreen for optimal viewing. It also includes the ability to channel surf with no buffering and an easy-to-use channel guide (AT&T Mobile TV only available in AT&T Mobile TV coverage areas).
- 3-megapixel auto-focus camera with flash featuring up to 2x digital zoom, landscape viewfinder for real camera feel, continuous shot capability (up to 9 consecutive shots) and image editor.
- Video capture capabilities up to 320 x 240 pixels and shooting up to 60 minutes for saving (31 seconds for MMS).
- Multi-format digital audio player compatible with MP3, WMA and AAC/AAC+ formats. Other features include multitasking while listening to music, playlist creation and management, and customizable preset equalizer.
The slide-out full QWERTY keyboard makes it easy to respond to e-mail and text messages.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, and Windows Live).
- Conversation view messaging displays messages in time order from contact.
- Access to personal e-mail (AOL, Gmail, Yahoo!, and Windows Live)
- Visual Contacts allows you to contact friends and family by displaying favorite contacts on the standby screen.
- AT&T Mobile Browser combines full HTML browsing with unique customization features so you can easily surf the global Internet, view location-aware local news and weather, and read the latest headlines from popular news, sports and entertainment sites (RSS).
- AT&T Social Net provides easy access to all your social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace in one easy-to-use interface.
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarm clock, notepad, calculator, world clock, tasks, stopwatch, and unit converter.
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- USB charging via computer
- Address book with up to 1,000 contacts with each storing 5 numbers, 2 e-mail addresses, a physical address, messenger ID, and picture ID.
The LG VU Plus weighs 3.95 ounces and measures 4.31 x 2.1 x 0.6 inches. Its 950 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3 hours of talk time, and up to 288 hours (12 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies.
What's in the Box
LG VU Plus handset, rechargeable battery, charger, quick start guide, user manual
| || High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. |
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
| || |
AT&T Mobile TV allows you to watch mobile TV in broadcast quality. Tune-in to see full-length episodes of your favorite soaps, sitcoms, sports, or news programs from the networks you love. With just one touch you can see what's on now, scroll to find the next episode of your favorite show or select a time slot to reveal an episode summary of your next new favorite. Simple and easy to use the program guide is great for searching on the fly for Mobile TV to go. It provides access to 12 popular channels so you have everything you need to tune-in to your favorite shows when you're on the go. Channels include: CBS Mobile, CNBC, Comedy Central, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile, FOX News, MSNBC, MTV, NBC2Go, Nickelodeon, CNN Mobile and Pix.
Choose from a wide assortment of channels from AT&T Mobile TV.
AT&T provides several packages for accessing Mobile TV, and it offers parental controls that provide content filtering and purchase blocking on your phone so that you can restrict access to content that may be inappropriate for younger viewers.
| || The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |
| || AT&T Mobile Music enables you to buy tracks while on the go, access the Napster and eMusic subscription music services, stream music video, discover what's playing with Music ID song-recognition software, and find out what's hot with The Buzz music news portal. |
| || AT&T's Video Share service enables you to send a live, one-way video stream to another compatible phone during a standard voice call. The service also allows you to switch the direction of the video stream during the same phone call. (Customers must be in an area served by the company's 3G network and have a Video Share-enabled phone.) While using Video Share with family and friends is a fun way to communicate, it's also very useful for business. For example, a majority of users in the architecture, engineering and construction industries rated the ability to share live video through Video Share highly, according to research commissioned by AT&T. Video Share lets you see progress on a job site or review the day's work without having to drive from an office or other site to do so. |