Introducing the Kyocera Echo from Sprint, the nation's first dual-touchscreen smartphone. Use each screen independently, or bring them together in one big 4.7-inch display. It’s powered by Android, so more than 150,000 apps are just a download away. A full HTML web browser with Flash 10.1 is optimized for dual screens. You'll enjoy fast 3G speeds from Sprint's high-speed, dependable EV-DO network, and you'll be able to access optional Sprint services such as Telenav GPS Navigator, Sprint TV and Movies (for video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound), Sprint Music Plus, and more via the Sprint Zone. And the 1GHz Snapdragon processor makes multitasking even faster.
Powered by Android 2.2, the Kyocera Echo is the nation's first dual-touchscreen smartphone. View larger
Other features include a 5-megapixel camera/camcorder (with HD 720p video capture), Wireless b and g Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to corporate and personal e-mail, and more.
Use each screen independently, or bring them together in one big 4.7" display. View larger
Dual Touchscreens with 4-in-1 Versatility
Two high-resolution 3.5" WVGA displays connected by a revolutionary pivot hinge that allows operation independently or together as a single large 4.7" display. And with apps specifically optimized for the Echo's dual screens, you can do two things at once: Email, Contacts, Messaging, Browser, Phone, Photo Gallery, and VueQue (a specially-designed YouTube app).
- Single-Screen Mode gives you a fully functional single-display experience, with all the functionality you expect of a single-display touchscreen Android smartphone.
- Simul-Task Mode lets you choose 2 of the Echo's 7 core apps and run one on each display simultaneously. In this mode, you can operate two applications at the same time, one on each screen. There are seven core applications that are Simul-Task capable: Phone, Contacts, Email, Messaging, Browser, Gallery and VueQue, which is a special Kyocera application for viewing YouTube videos.
- Optimized Mode works with optimized apps to let the dual displays complement each other, such as having email on one screen and a full virtual keypad on the other.
- Tablet Mode, the dual displays act as a single oversized (4.7", 800 x 960 pixels) display ideal for multimedia such as movies and games.
Use Optimized Mode to let the dual displays complement each other, such as email with a full virtual keyboard. View larger
Fold and use as a single-display touchscreen
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device
- Powered by the Android 2.2 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market
- Apps customized for Echo dual screen and larger real estate give optimum viewing quality
- Google mobile services including Google Search, Google Maps, Google Talk, Gmail, YouTube , and syncing with Google Calendar
- Access to Google Goggles to search with pictures instead of words. It works with everything from books, DVDs and barcodes to landmarks, logos, artwork and wine labels
- Easily view Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files on the go to maximize your productivity
- 1 GHz Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work
- GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches
- 4.3-inch capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
- 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with dual LED flash
- Capture HD-quality video (720p)
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (8 GB card included)
- Media Player with a 3.5mm stereo headset jack, so you can play video and music files you've downloaded
- Access to personal and corporate e-mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Send and receive email from multiple corporate and personal email accounts. Also, get wireless email access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo!
- Instant messaging via popular services including Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger
- Full HTML Web browser with Flash 10.1 support that's optimized for dual screens
- Adobe Flash technology ensures that rich Internet content, such as embedded video and animation, are displayed the way they are meant to be seen
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
The Kyocera Echo from Sprint weighs 6.8 ounces and measures 4.5 x 2.2 x 0.7 inches. It comes with a standard capacity, 1370 mAh lithium-ion battery. It runs on Sprint's 3G 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies. What's in the Box
Kyocera Echo handset, 2 rechargeable batteries, portable charger, USB cable, 8 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual.
Also Available for this Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.
It's not exactly difficult to put into words what the Kyocera Echo is -- it's a dual-screened Android phone, after all -- but it's a wee bit more challenging to wrap your head around who exactly it's for. The hardcore gaming contingent already has Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play, and those obsessed with screen real estate have options spanning the gamut -- everything from Dell's 5-inch Streak to a veritable cornucopia of choices in the 4- to 4.3-inch range. So, where exactly does this oddball fit in? Quite frankly, we get the impression that it's doing its darnedest to carve out a market of its own, a thought that's reinforced by Kyocera's dedicated app development space and two-faced Simul-Task mode. Early critics (read: us) railed on the fact that double the screens meant double the trouble in terms of battery life, and there's no question that a second cell was included with our test unit. But are the advantages of having a second 3.5-inch WVGA touchpanel enough to overshadow the obvious pitfalls? Join us as we do a little soul-searching in our full review, hosted up just past the break.
›Read full review