T-Mobile's most powerful smartphone yet, the HTC Sensation 4G combines the latest Android operating system (2.3, Gingerbread) with a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and T-Mobile's blazing fast 4G network for a faster, richer on-the-go media experience. In addition to Android, it also offers the next-generation HTC Sense user interface, which includes quicker startup times from hibernation mode as well as a consolidated view of your favorite social networking sites.
This phone is specifically designed for T-Mobile's 4G HSPA+ mobile broadband network, which currently covers over 200 million people across the U.S. (read more about HSPA+ below). The Sensation 4G also offers Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking as well as the ability to share its 3G/4G Internet connection with other laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
The Sensation 4G's premium look and feel is enhanced by its rounded edges, aluminum unibody construction, and a touchscreen surface protected by a contoured screen that feels more natural as your finger glides across it. Optimized for video playback as well as immersive mobile gaming, the Sensation 4G features a 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen display, which offers a 960 x 540-pixel resolution for extremely sharp images.
An 8-megapixel rear-facing, auto-focus camera with dual LED flash is perfect for capturing crystal clear still photos, while a front-facing camera makes it easy to video chat over both Wi-Fi and 3G/4G connectivity. And the Sensation 4G also shoots full HD video in 1080p resolution, with full stereo sound, at up to 30 frames a second, giving you smooth video that is better than many other phones.
Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS for navigation and location-based services, 4 GB internal memory, included 8 GB microSD memory card (with expansion up to 32 GB), mobile hotspot capabilities, and up to 6.7 hours of talk time.
The HTC Sensation 4G's homescreen with HTC Sense experience (see larger image).
HTC Sense Experience
Boasting the latest HTC Sense experience, the Sensation 4G features a customizable active lockscreen that transforms the lockscreen into a real-time window to the most important information and content, such as social updates, photos, weather or stock updates that are viewed by simply waking up the display.
Additionally, the new active lockscreen becomes a customizable gateway that lets you quickly jump to your most used features--whether it be making a call, sending an e-mail, or taking a picture. For example, the camera can be launched right from the lock screen with a single motion, saving precious seconds when you're trying to capture the action.
The HTC Sensation 4G is the first smartphone to feature HTC Watch--an application and service that puts an entire library of the latest, premium movies and TV shows right at your fingertips. HTC Watch uses progressive download technology that makes it possible to watch videos without waiting for a huge file to finish downloading. You can either rent or buy videos, and if purchased, you can watch them on up to five different HTC devices. Other pre-loaded entertainment options include:
- HTC Listen: A VIP pass to a library of millions of songs with the freedom to transfer purchases to another device or computer
- T-Mobile TV: A free selection of live and on-demand TV including news, sports and kids programming, plus full episodes of popular shows
- T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik: Video conversations with friends and family through T-Mobile's network and over Wi-Fi
- Slacker Radio: Free, personalized radio with over 150 genre stations and the ability to create your own stations
The Sensation 4G weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.96 x 2.57 x 0.44 inches. Its 1520 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.7 hours of talk time, and up to 400 hours (16.7 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz; UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+). What's in the Box
Sensation 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 8 GB microSD card, USB cable, quick start guide
- Blazing fast 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network for up to 3 times faster than standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Wi-Fi Calling enables you to send and receive calls and messages over any Wi-Fi network, whether at home or on the road with Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling--even in areas that have little or no network coverage. (Learn more)
- Mobile Hotspot capabilities allows you to use your phone's 3G/4G mobile broadband to connect laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet (up to 8 devices).
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video, and IM instant messaging
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
Design and Hardware
- Dual-core 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.3-inch qHD touchscreen display (Quarter High Definition; 960 x 540 pixels) with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- Onscreen keyboard
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with dual LED flash.
- HD 1080p video capture at 30 fps.
- Front-facing camera for video chats (VGA).
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263.
- DLNA compatibility allows you to stream media content from the phone to any other DLNA-certified device as well as play a file from a server on your phone.
- 4 GB internal memory
- Included 8 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Sensation 4G runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation. Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming email and then switch back to the game without losing your place.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The Sensation also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Learn More T-Mobile's Expanding, Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of February, 2011, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ 4G in 184 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.--covering 200 million people across the country--with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range. T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Service
Effortlessly transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile's wireless network while you talk with T-Mobile's innovative Wi-Fi Calling technology. Wi-Fi Calling is a free feature for this phone, and minutes used while connected to the Wi-Fi network count against available rate plan minutes.
Powered by Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi Application, T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling for Android smartphones is ready to use out-of-the-box, providing the ability to make voice calls and send SMS from accessible Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) access points across the globe in addition to the connectivity available through T-Mobile's mobile network. The application also includes a tutorial for first-time users.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.