Featuring a premium design with a 3.2-inch touchscreen display clad in an aluminum unibody construction, the HTC Freestyle is the first of a new generation of quick messaging phones from AT&T to run on Brew Mobile Platform. The Brew MP operating system allows AT&T and software developers to more easily offer smartphone-like applications to those who want an affordable, full-featured messaging phone.
HTC Sense interface with customizable and
Quick access to Facebook and Twitter with HTC FriendStream.
It's the first AT&T quick messaging phone to feature the HTC Sense mobile experience, which features customizable widgets and the FriendStream application for social networking integration with Facebook and Twitter. It also boasts a full HTML browser for PC-like web browsing and a full suite of messaging options including text and picture messaging, instant messaging (IM), and mobile e-mail. And with access to AT&T AppCenter, you can chose from a multitude of games and apps to download.
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music, and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
Other features include a 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, music player with access to AT&T Music and AT&T Radio, and up to 7 hours of talk time.
HTC Sense Mobile Experience
With the next generation of the popular HTC Sense mobile experience, the HTC Freestyle automatically delivers your most-wanted information to your screen. It offers even more ways to stay connected--including FriendStream, which delivers Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr updates in a consolidated view. And you'll be able to pinpoint the location of a lost phone on a map, send a command to make the phone sound an alert--even while on "silent" mode--through the htcsense.com web site. If needed, you can also remotely wipe all of the phone's data with a single command in addition to forwarding calls and text messages to a different number.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability).
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- GPS navigation capabilities via optional AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
OS & Software
- Brew Mobile Platform (MP)
- HTC Sense interface with customizable and auto-updating homescreens
Design and Hardware
- 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen display (320 x 480 pixels) with proximity sensor
- Onscreen QWERTY keyboard
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 150 MB internal memory
Communications & Internet
- Easy access to social networking via HTC Sense including updates from Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- Access to personal e-mail
- PC-like HTML Web browser lets you explore the Internet the way it was intended.
- 3.2-megapixel fixed-focus camera
- Video capture capabilities
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, and M4A (Apple Lossless)
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, 3GP, 3G2
- AT&T Music and AT&T Radio with 40+ commercial free genre radio stations and unlimited personal radio stations. Plus, millions of songs and albums available for purchase and download straight to your phone.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Micro USB 2.0 port with mass storage capabilities
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Organizer tools including calendar, alarms, to-do/tasks, calculator and world clock
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
The HTC Freestyle weighs 3.35 ounces and measures 4.29 x 2.13 x 0.47 inches. Its 1300 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of talk time, and up to 384 hours (16 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS).
What's in the Box
HTC Freestyle handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide, CD-ROM with user manual
| || High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. |
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
| || The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |