Combining performance and functionality in one sleek package, the ultra-slim HTC DROID ERIS brings the power of the Android platform and the fast, reliable Verizon Wireless network together. Powered by the open-source Android operating system, it offers an intuitive interface with an easily customizable home screen and the ability to personalize it with a wide selection of free and paid downloadable apps via the Android Market. It also includes HTC Sense, a user interface overlay from HTC that makes it easy for you to create an individualized mobile experience tailored specifically to your needs.
The 3G-enabled HTC DROID ERIS runs on the fast, reliable Verizon Wireless network and is powered by the customizable Android platform, with 1000s of apps available to on the Android Market.
The 3.2-inch touchscreen interface features zoom capability and a virtual QWERTY keyboard, and it's paired with a trackball for easy navigation. In addition to 3G connectivity, the HTC DROID ERIS offers Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and business networks as well as hotspots while on the go and Bluetooth connectivity for both hands-free devices and stereo music streaming. It also offers integrated GPS for navigation using Google Maps and other location services, as well as a digital compass with a sensor that enables the phone to know what direction it is facing.
With integrated Google technology, the HTC DROID ERIS brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by Voice, YouTube and Picasa. The DROID ERIS also provides easy access to both personal and corporate email, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. Other features include a 5-megapixel auto focus camera with video capture capabilities, memory expansion via microSD memory cards (an 8 GB card is included with the device), threaded text and picture messaging for seamless on-the-go conversations, Visual Voicemail capabilities, 3.5mm headset jack, and up to 3.5 hours of talk time.
The HTC DROID ERIS comes pre-loaded with a variety of Google and Verizon Wireless mobile services, including:
- Google Maps: Get turn-by-turn directions and instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
- Gmail: Multiple accounts support and undo for common operations.
- YouTube: One-touch recording and playback from home screen widget or app, one-touch sharing with friends, and the ability to view your own uploaded videos and high-resolution videos.
- Google Talk: Easily switch between chats, search your chat history, and preview pictures and videos sent by links.
- Android Market: Browse and download applications created by third-party developers.
- Calendar: Ability to see who has R.S.V.P.'d to your meeting invitations.
- Amazon MP3 Store: Download the latest tracks over the air.
- Verizon Wireless Visual Voice Mail: Delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions.
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to the reliable Verizon Wireless EV–DO, Rev A network
- Powered by the Android 1.5 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
- HTC Scene overlay: Create and switch between Scenes that reflect different moments in your life, helping you design your perfect weekend, travel or pure play phone.
- 3.2-inch touchscreen with virtual QWERTY keyboard (320 x 480 HVGA resolution; 262K color depth)
- 5-megapixel camera with auto–focus and video capture
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB (8 GB card included).
- Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads. Includes compatibility with MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, and WMA formats and the capability to create and manage playlists on the phone.
- Real HTML Web browsing provides more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone; supports Flash Lite 3.7.1.
- Standard voice mail and compatibility with Verizon Visual Voice Mail (subscription required), which enables you to delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions. Features include on-screen access to voice mail message status, save up to 40 messages for 40 days (or archive permanently), create up to 10 different caller ID-based greetings, and reply via call back, text or even voice mail.
- Text, Picture and Video messaging with threaded messaging feature
- Organizer tools including calendar, tasks, alarm, notes, stopwatch
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Integrated Google, Exchange and Facebook contacts
- 3.5mm headset jack
- TTY compatible
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3/T3
- Memory: ROM: 512 MB; RAM: 256 MB
The HTC DROID ERIS weighs 4.23 ounces and measures 4.45 x 2.19 x 0.51 inches. Its lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 3.5 hours (214 minutes) of talk time, and up to 373 hours (15.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the CDMA 800/1900 frequencies as well as EV–DO, Rev A 3G frequencies.
What's in the Box
HTC DROID ERIS handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, 8 GB microSD memory card, quick start guide, user manual