Slim and affordable like its predecessor, the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 for AT&T is a great choice for those who need to be connected to work, friends and family while on the go. The easily pocketable Curve 3G features a comfortable full-QWERTY keyboard for fast, accurate typing, optical trackpad for fluid navigation, and dedicated media keys so you can easily access your tunes while on the go.
Balance your busy life at work and home with the BlackBerry Curve 3G (see larger image).
Enabled for use on AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G network, you'll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T's 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages. This GPS-enabled phone can access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
You'll enjoy all the communication and connectivity features you've come to expect from a BlackBerry phone--including e-mail served up by the BlackBerry Internet Service and a full menu of messaging options (SMS, MMS, and IM). And with its Wireless-N Wi-Fi capabilities (802.11b/g/n), the Curve 3G will receive AT&T Wi-Fi access at U.S. hotspots (with more than 20,000 U.S. hotspots) included as part of an unlimited data plan.
You'll be able to access BlackBerry App World to download applications from a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones, including games, entertainment, social networking and sharing, news and weather, productivity and more. The Curve 3G runs the BlackBerry OS 5, but it's ready for upgrading to BlackBerry OS 6.
A hot-swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot provides additional storage for multimedia files and archiving applications, with a 2 GB memory card included and support for optional 32 GB cards. Other features include a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, visual voicemail for easier access and response to voicemails, and up to 5.5 hours of talk time.
With BlackBerry's push e-mail technology, your e-mail will find you without having to initiate a connection. BlackBerry devices are designed to remain on and continuously connected to the wireless network, notifying you as new e-mail arrives. In addition to the text, you can also receive and view attachments in a wide range of popular file formats, including Microsoft Office, Corel WordPerfect, and Adobe PDF.
The super functional design includes a full QWERTY keyboard and touch-sensitive trackpad (see larger image).
Browse the web with the integrated, full-featured browser, which quickly and efficiently displays HTML pages as well as enables you to set up RSS feeds to stay connected to up-to-the-minute news and blog posts. And keep up with your contacts using a variety of instant message (IM) networks, including the integrated Blackberry Messenger as well as downloadable clients for Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger, and Lotus Sametime.
For corporate users, this BlackBerry device delivers all the enterprise e-mail and messaging capabilities you've come to expect. It's supported on the BlackBerry Internet Service, giving you access to up to 10 work or personal e-mail accounts (including most popular ISP e-mail accounts), as well as BlackBerry Enterprise Server, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2 Mbps speeds with network availability) plus data connectivity when traveling in foreign countries (with 2100 MHz 3G access).
- Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
- Ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go. Connect for free using one of the over 20,000 AT&T Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide.
- GPS navigation capabilities via optional AT&T Navigator service includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates, and re-routing options.
- Ready for BlackBerry OS 6 (currently runs BlackBerry OS 5)
- Support for BlackBerry App World featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- Powerful 624 MHz processor
- 2.4-inch LCD screen (320 x 240 pixels, 65K colors)
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Navigation trackpad
- Pre-loaded social networking apps including Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- 2-megapixel fixed focus camera with video capture capabilities
- Multi-format digital audio and video player with compatibility for MP3, WMA 9 Pro, AAC+/eAAC+, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, and more.
- BlackBerry Media Sync is built right into your BlackBerry Desktop Software and lets you sync your desktop iTunes or Windows Media Player music files with your BlackBerry smartphone. If you're a Mac user, just choose the "media" option and you're ready to sync your iTunes music collection from your BlackBerry smartphone onto your Mac.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- 2 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- Visual Voicemail enables you to listen to your voicemail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
- BlackBerry Browser for accessing Web sites.
- Organizer tools including calendar, task list, memo pad, and calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- Integrated hands-free, full duplex speakerphone
- Voice-activated dialing capabilities
- USB connectivity (cable included)
The BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 weighs 3.8 ounces and measures 2.4 x 4.3 x 0.6 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5.5 hours of talk time, and up to 350 hours (14.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T's dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS) plus international 3G networks (2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 handset, rechargeable battery, 2 GB microSD memory card, USB charger plug, USB cable, 3.5mm stereo headset, quick start guide
| || High-speed data connectivity via AT&T's 3G mobile broadband data network: The dual-band 850/1900 MHz 3G network provides up to 3.6/7.2 Mbps of download speed, making it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless multimedia services, and it gives you the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. |
Additionally, this phone is also compatible with 2100 MHz 3G networks found in international territories. (For use outside the United States, an AT&T international data plan is recommended.) When traveling outside the U.S., you can enjoy wireless voice coverage in more than 215 countries and wireless data coverage in more than 185 countries--as well as access ultra-fast 3G mobile broadband services in more than 100 countries.
In areas where the 3G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways. Providing average data speeds between 75-135Kbps, it's fast enough to support a wide range of advanced data services, including full picture and video messaging, high-speed color Internet access, and email on the go.
| || The full-featured, premium AT&T Navigator GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. Additionally, AT&T Navigator is the only mobile phone-based GPS service that provides integrated speech recognition for address entry and points of interest search. |